Coley Kenward & Partners LtdPatient Complaints Procedure

It is our aim always to have satisfied patients, to meet your expectations of care and service and to resolve any complaints as efficiently, effectively and politely as possible. We take complaints very seriously, investigating them in a full and fair way and take great care to protect your confidentiality. We learn from complaints to improve our care and service. We will never discriminate against patients who have made a complaint and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have about this procedure.

If you are not entirely satisfied with any aspect of our care or service, please let us know as soon as possible so as to allow us to address your concerns promptly.

Paul Coley is the Complaints Manager and will be your personal contact to assist you with any complaints.

We aim to resolve verbal complaints within 24 hours where possible, but if you complain in writing the Complaints Manager will will send an acknowledgement letter within 3 working days and will aim to provide a full response in writing as soon as practical

You can send your complaints to Mr Paul Coley, Coley Kenward & Partners Ltd, 18 Blyth Rd, Bromley, Kent. BR1 3RX.

We will keep comprehensive and confidential records of your complaint, which will be stored securely and only be accessible by those who need to know about your complaint. If the complaint investigation takes longer than anticipated, the Complaints Manager will contact you at least every ten working days to keep you informed of the reason for any delays, the progress of the investigation and the proposed date it will be completed.

When the investigation has been completed, you will be informed of its outcome in writing. We will make our response clear, addressing each of your concerns as best as we can. You may also be invited to a meeting to discuss the results and any practical solutions that we can offer you.

We regularly analyse patient comments to learn from them and improve our services. That’s why we always welcome your feedback and suggestions.

If you are dissatisfied with our response to a complaint you can contact the GDC private dental complaints service within 12 months of the treatment or within 12 months of becoming aware of the issue. Please see the contact details below.

Complaining on behalf of someone else

We are obliged to adhere strictly to the rules of medical confidentiality. If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. A letter to this effect, signed by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are unable (because of physical or mental illness) to provide this.


GDC private dental complaints service can be contacted by calling 020 8253 0800 or visiting

If you are still unhappy about your NHS complaint, you can contact NHS England at with ‘For the attention of the complaints team’ in the subject line.

You can also contact the Parliamentary Health Ombudsman (England): by calling 0345 015 4033 or visiting who may be able to help.

The General Dental Council is responsible for regulating all dental professionals. You can complain using their online form at contact them on or by calling 020 7167 6000.

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) who regulates private and NHS dental care services in England by calling 03000 616161. They can take action against a service provider that is not meeting their standards.